31.10.12

Los usos de bring, take, fetch and get.


Vocabulario: The use of bring, take, fetch, and get can be confusing for many students.

El uso de bring, take, fetch, y get pueden ser difíciles de entender para los estudiantes.

    Present                  Past                             Participle
bring
fetch
get
give
brought
fetched
got
gave
brought
fetched
got UK / gotten USA
given


                                         Fetch my slippers.


                                        Take the bone.

bring - traer / llevar
We use bring when something moves from there to here. - Utilizamos bring cuando algo se mueve de allá para acá.
  • I’ve brought my uncle to help us. - He traído mi tío para que nos ayude.
  • I'll bring the map with me on the trip. - Voy a traer el mapa en el viaje.
  • We’ll bring some wine. - Llevaremos vino.
  • Can I bring my sister with me? - ¿Puedo llevar a hermana?
  • Bring me the reports from the desk, please. - Tráeme los informes del escritorio, por favor.
En este último ejemplo podemos también usar fetch o get.
  • Fetch me the reports from the desk, please. = Get me the reports from the desk, please.

take - llevar
We use take when something moves from here to there. - Utilizamos take cuando algo se mueve de aquí para allá.
  • The coach took the boys to the football field. - El entrenador llevó a los niños al campo de fútbol.
  • Jack took his laptop with him on his trip. - Jack llevó a su laptop con él en su viaje.

Fetch / Get
When we talk about going somewhere and getting something and then bringing it back, use get or fetch. - Cuando hablamos de ir a un lugar y coger algo y luego volver con ello, podemos utilizar get o fetch.

fetch / get - ir a buscar -
  • She went to fetch help. = She went to get help. -  Ella fue a buscar ayuda.
  • He went to fetch the children from school. = He went to get the children from school.  -  Fue a buscar a los niños al colegio.

fetch / get = traer
  • Fetch me a hammer = Get me the hammer. - Tráeme un martillo.
  • Could you fetch me the magazine from the kitchen? = Could you get me the magazine from the kitchen? - ¿Me puedes traer la revista de la cocina?
  • She fetched her diary and showed him the page. = She got her diary and showed him the page. - Trajo su agenda y le mostró la página.


Curso ingles online. Vocabulario.


1 comentario: