15.11.12

Inglés básico conversaciones. My first job.


Inglés básico conversaciones. Lois habla de su primer empleo cuando tenía 15 años.

Escucha la conversación.

Lois talks about her first job. She worked in a shoe shop in the town of Bournemouth, in the south of England. She used to work 8 hours a day and she used to earn 1 pound and 77 pence an hour. In total she worked in three different shoe shops.

Todd: What was your first job?
Lois:  The first job I had was a sales assistant in a shoe shop. When I was fifteen, I got my first job and I used to work every Saturday, 8 hours a day and I used to earn, 1 pound 77 pence per hour.
T:       It doesn't sound like very much.
L:       No!  By the time I'd got the bus to Bournemouth, the town and bought my breakfast at Mcdonald's, and then lunch and then a bus home, I had no money left.
T:       Wow. So how long did you last this job?
L:       I worked all together, I think, in three different shoe shops.

Vocabulario:

When I was fifteen - Cuando tenía 15 años

I got my first job - Consequí mi primer trabajo

I used to work - (Yo) trabajaba

I used to earn - (Yo) ganaba

It doesn't sound like very much. - No suena mucho.

By the time I'd got the bus to Bournemouth, - Cuando había cogido el autobús a Bournemouth..

I had no money left - No me quedó nada de dinero

How long did you last this job? - ¿Cuánto tiempo aguantaste este trabajo?

Observa la diferencia entre (1) worked y (2) used to work.
  • She worked - (Ella) trabajó

  • She used to work - (Ella) trabajaba

  • She used to earn - (Ella) ganaba

(1) El “Past simple” en inglés se utiliza para hablar de acciones concretas que comenzaron y acabaron en el pasado.
  • When I finished work, I went home. - Cuando terminé el trabajo, me fui a casa.
  • I stayed at home last night. - Me quedé en casa anoche.

(2) Acciones repetidas o habituales en un pasado lejano.
  • When I was a child I always used to play football at the weekend. - Cuando yo era niño siempre jugaba al fútbol los fines de semana.

                              Inglés                                                                 Español
Lois talks about her first job. She worked in a shoe shop in the town of Bournemouth, in the south of England. She used to work 8 hours a day and she used to earn 1 pound and 77 pence an hour. In total she worked in three different shoe shops.

Todd: What was your first job?
Lois:  The first job I had was a sales assistant in a shoe shop. When I was fifteen, I got my first job and I used to work every Saturday, 8 hours a day and I used to earn, 1 pound 77 pence per hour.

T:       It doesn't sound like very much
L:       No!  By the time I'd got the bus to Bournemouth, the town and bought my breakfast at Mcdonald's, and then lunch and then a bus home, I had no money left.
T:       Wow. So how long did you last this job?

L:       I worked all together, I think, in three different shoe shops.
Lois habla de su primer empleo. Ella trabajaba en una tienda de zapatos en la ciudad de Bournemouth, en el sur de Inglaterra. Trabajaba 8 horas al día y ganaba 1 libra y 77 peniques por hora. En total, trabajó en tres tiendas de zapatos diferentes.

Todd:  ¿Cuál fue tu primer trabajo?
Lois::  El primer trabajo que tuve fue un asistente de ventas en una tienda de zapatos. Cuando tenía quince años, conseguí mi primer trabajo y yo trabajaba todos los sábados, 8 horas al día y ganaba, 1 libra 77 peniques por hora.
T:    No suena como mucho
L:    No. Cuando me había cogido el autobús a Bournemouth y compré mi desayuno en McDonalds, y luego la comida y luego el autobús a casa, no me quedó nada de dinero.
T:    Wow. Entonces, ¿cuánto tiempo duró este trabajo?
L:    Creo que, en total, trabajé en tres tiendas de zapatos diferentes.


Curso ingles online. Conversaciones en inglés. Inglés básico.

1 comentario:

  1. Muchas gracias por todo este trabajo...estoy leyendo muchas de sus entradas, aprendiendo y repasando mi ingles!!!!

    ResponderEliminar