3.1.13

Conversaciones en inglés, Wasting time.


Listening en ingles, conversaciones: Wasting time.
Five people talk about wasting time. - Cinco personas hablan de perder el tiempo.
Escucha el podcast

Martin, United States
Sadly, I'd have to say the playstation is a big waste of time. I play a lot of games, but especially baseball games. That usually takes up anywhere from thirty minutes to five hours. I had a lot of fun playing with my old roommate, baseball, as well as the old car chase games, but unfortunately, the playstation is a big waste of time.

Simon, Canada
Ah, lately I've been wasting my time watching TV. I hate to admit it but recently my apartment building has given each unit a digital TV so I get about 5 sports channels, FOX TV with the Simpsons and I've been watching that way too much, so yeah, that's a nasty habit I've picked up lately.

Ruth, England
Probably the worst thing for me is going on the internet, so I go to work, and I get there and I spend the first 30 minutes, or half an hour checking my e-mails which is a complete waste of time, and checking the news, which OK, is important but is not the most important thing I should be doing that day. Let's see, that's probably the thing I waste the most time on.

Todd, United States
Well, I waste way too much time talking. At work, I have a meeting, I have to talk with my colleague about something important, I go to their desk and we start talking about the news, about our friends, about our weekend, and we talk and talk and talk. Sometimes I forget what I even went to my colleague's desk about, or we have a meeting and we don't start the meeting for 30 minutes cause were just talking so the boss doesn't like it too much. He gets upset but yeah, at work I talk way too much.

Jeanie, United States
Something that I waste a lot of time doing is worrying unnecessarily about different things in my life. One example is I often worry about what to do in the future so "Should I keep teaching? Should I go back to school?" I often worry about whether I'll be successful in life and whether I'll keep the respect of everyone I love.

Vocabulario:

should - debería

whether = if
I often worry about whether I'll be successful in life and whether I'll keep the respect of everyone I love. -  A menudo me preocupa si voy a tener éxito en la vida y si voy a mantener el respeto de todos los que quiero.
She hasn't decided whether to go or not. - No ha decidido si ir o no.

take up - tiempo y espacio > ocupar
  • That usually takes up anywhere from thirty minutes to five hours. - Esto normalmente ocupa de treinta minutos a cinco horas.
  • It takes up all my time. - Me ocupa todo el tiempo

way too much

a nasty habit - mala costumbre

picked up (pick up) aquí > coger
  • that's a nasty habit I've picked up lately. - eso es una mala costumbre que he cogido últimamente.

spend  tiempo > pasar // también se puede spend money > gastar dinero.
  • I spend the first 30 minutes - Me paso los primeros 30 minutos.

way too - demasiado
  • I waste way too much time talking. - Pierdo demasiado tiempo hablando.
  • The car is way too expensive. - El coche es demasiado caro.

desk - mesa (en una oficina o colegio)

cause = because

get upset - alterarse, enojarse
  • He gets upset but yeah, at work I talk way too much. - Él se enoja, pero sí, en el trabajo hablo demasiado.
  • She got upset about her friend's actions. - Ella se enojó por las acciones de su amigo.
  • Sometimes people get upset for no reason. - A veces la gente se altera sin razón alguna.  



Martin, United States
Sadly, I'd have to say the PlayStation is a big waste of time. I play a lot of games, but especially baseball games. That usually takes up anywhere from thirty minutes to five hours. I had a lot of fun playing with my old roommate, baseball, as well as the old car chase games, but unfortunately, the PlayStation is a big waste of time.
Martin, Estados Unidos
Lamentablemente, tendría que decir que la PlayStation es una gran pérdida de tiempo. Juego con un montón de juegos, pero sobre todo los juegos de béisbol. Esto por lo general tarda de treinta minutos a cinco horas. Me divertí un montón jugando con mi antiguo compañero del piso, el béisbol, y también con los juegos de coches, pero, por desgracia, la PlayStation es una gran pérdida de tiempo.
Simon, Canada
Ah, lately I've been wasting my time watching TV. I hate to admit it but recently my apartment building has given each unit a digital TV so I get about 5 sports channels, FOX TV with the Simpsons and I've been watching that way too much, so yeah, that's a nasty habit I've picked up lately.
Simon, Canadá
Ah, últimamente he perdido el tiempo viendo la televisión. Odio admitirlo, pero recientemente el edificio donde vivo ha dado a cada piso una TV digital entonces puedo ver unos 5 canales de deportes, FOX TV con los Simpson, pues sí eso es una mala costumbre que he cogido últimamente.
Ruth, England
Probably the worst thing for me is going on the internet, so I go to work, and I get there and I spend the first 30 minutes, or half an hour checking my e-mails which is a complete waste of time, and checking the news, which OK, is important but is not the most important thing I should be doing that day. Let's see, that's probably the thing I waste the most time on.
Ruth, Inglaterra
Probablemente lo peor para mí es conectarme con en el Internet, así que voy al trabajo, y llegue y paso los primeros 30 minutos o media hora revisando mis e-mails que es una completa pérdida de tiempo, y  mirando la noticias, que está bien, es importante, pero no es lo más importante que debo estar haciendo. Vamos a ver, eso es probablemente la cosa en que pierdo la mayoria del tiempo.
Todd, United States
Well, I waste way too much time talking. At work, I have a meeting, I have to talk with my colleague about something important, I go to their desk and we start talking about the news, about our friends, about our weekend, and we talk and talk and talk. Sometimes I forget what I even went to my colleague's desk about, or we have a meeting and we don't start the meeting for 30 minutes cause were just talking so the boss doesn't like it too much. He gets upset but, yeah, at work I talk way too much.
Todd, Estados Unidos
Bueno, pierdo demasiado tiempo hablando. En el trabajo, tengo una reunión y tengo que hablar con mi colega sobre algo importante, voy a su mesa y empezamos a hablar de las noticias o de nuestros amigos o del fin de semana, y hablamos y hablamos y hablamos. A veces no me recuerdo por qué  fui a su mesa o tenemos una reunión y empezamos la reunión 30 minutos más tarde porque estábamos hablando. El jefe no le gusta mucho . Él se enoja, pero sí, en el trabajo hablo demasiado.
Jeanie, United States
Something that I waste a lot of time doing is worrying unnecessarily about different things in my life. One example is I often worry about what to do in the future so "Should I keep teaching? Should I go back to school?" I often worry about whether I'll be successful in life and whether I'll keep the respect of everyone I love.
Jeanie, Estados Unidos
Algo en lo que pierdo mucho tiempo es preocuparme innecesariamente sobre diferentes cosas en mi vida. Un ejemplo de ello es que a menudo me preocupa de qué hacer en el futuro, "Debería seguir en la enseñanza? ¿Debería volver a la escuela?" A menudo me preocupa si voy a tener éxito en la vida y si voy a mantener el respeto de todos los que quiero.

Attribution: English Listening Lesson Library Online, (elllo).
Source page: Waste of time 027 MXR

Curso ingles online listening en inglés conversaciones.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario