30.3.13

My first job en conversaciones en inglés


Listening Conversaciones en inglés. Lois talks about the first job she had and the little money she earned.

Lois habla sobre el primer trabajo que tenía y el poco dinero que ganaba.
Escucha la conversación: My first job. Nivel upper intermediate.

Todd: Lois, what was your first job?
Lois:  The first job I had was a sales assistant in a shoe shop.
Todd: Oh, shoes
Lois:  Shoe shop, yeah! When I was fifteen, I got my first job and I used to work every Saturday for about maybe 8 hours a day and I used to earn, 1 pound 77 pence per hour.
T:       It doesn't sound like very much
L:       No, so in England now, the minimum I think is maybe 5 pounds.
T:       Oh, wow!
L:       So by the time I'd got the bus to Bournemouth, the town and bought my breakfast at Mcdonald's, and then gone out for lunch and then got the bus home, I had no money left, but at the time cause I got paid at the end of the month I always thought I had money, because suddenly all this money would appear in my bank account, but then I would have already spent it all, within the day of work.
T:       Wow. So how long did you last this job?
L:       I worked all together I think in three different shoe shops, so the first one I worked in for a year and then that one closed down, so then they moved me to another one, the same company, and then from that one I moved to another one. But then I had to leave my job when I had to do my exams at school cause I needed to study.

Vocabulario:

by the time = when - cuando, para cuando
  • The traffic was so bad that by the time I got to the office I was 20 minutes late. The traffic was so bad that when I got to the office I was 20 minutes late. - El tráfico estaba tan terrible, que cuando llegué a la oficina, me había atrasado 20 minutos.
  • By the time we finished it was getting dark: - Terminamos cuando ya era casi de noche.

cause = because - porque

closed down (Phrasal verb: close down) - Cerrar el negocio
  • The factory closed down and two hundred workers lost their jobs. - La fábrica cerró y doscientos obreros quedaron sin trabajo.
 
Would
all this money would appear in my bank account. - todo este dinero aparecía en mi cuenta bancaria.
Usamos would para hablar en pasado cuando hablamos de acciones que realizábamos en el  pasado de forma repetitiva. Normalmente este uso equivale al pretérito imperfecto en español.
  • I would have already spent it all.
Más información > Past Perfect  Expresa una acción que comenzó en el pasado y que es anterior a otra acción también en el pasado.

Gramática:

I used to work - (Yo) trabajaba
I used to earn - (Yo) ganaba
Utilizamos used to exclusivamente para decir que hacíamos algo en el pasado que ya no hacemos y no para hablar de acciones pasadas en general.
Más información aquí > Used to
                         Inglés                                                            Una traducción
Todd: Lois, what was your first job?
Lois:  The first job I had was a sales assistant in a shoe shop.
T: Oh, shoes
L:  Shoe shop, yeah! When I was fifteen, I got my first job and I used to work every Saturday for maybe 8 hours a day and I used to earn, 1 pound 77 pence per hour.
Todd: Lois, ¿cuál era su primer trabajo?
Lois: El primer trabajo que tuve fue un asistente de ventas en una tienda de zapatos.
T:  Oh, zapatos
L:  Sí una tienda de zapatos. Cuando tenía quince años, conseguí mi primer trabajo y  trabajé todos los sábados para quizás 8 horas al día y ganaba 1 libra 77 peniques por hora.
T:       It doesn't sound like very much
L:       No, so in England now, the minimum I think is maybe 5 pounds.
T:       Oh, wow!
L:       So by the time I'd got the bus to Bournemouth, the town and bought my breakfast at Mcdonald's, and then gone out for lunch and then got the bus home, I had no money left, but at the time cause I got paid at the end of the month I always thought I had money, because suddenly all this money would appear in my bank account, but then I would have already spent it all, within the day of work.
T: No suena mucho
L: No, que en Inglaterra ahora, el mínimo  es quizás a 5 libras.
T: Oh, wow!
L: Entonces cuando pagaba el autobús a Bournemouth  y compré el desayuno en McDonalds, y luego la comida y luego el autobús a casa, no tenía dinero de sobra. Pero como me pagaban al final del mes siempre pensé que tenía dinero, porque de repente todo ese dinero aparecía en mi cuenta bancaria, pero claro realmente  ya había gastado todo, en el trabajo.
T:       Wow. So how long did you last at this job?
L:       I worked all together I think in three different shoe shops, so the first one I worked in for a year and then that one closed down, so then they moved me to another one, the same company, and then from that one I moved to another one. But then I had to leave my job when I had to do my exams at school cause I needed to study.
T: Wow. Entonces, ¿cuánto tiempo aguantaste este trabajo?
L: Trabajé, en total, en tres tiendas de zapatos diferentes. El primero duró un año antes de cerrarse, entonces me trasladaron a otra tienda, de la misma compañía, y después me trasladaron a otra. Pero finalmente tuve que abandonar mi trabajo cuando tuve que prepararme para los exámenes en el colegio porque tenía que estudiar.

Attribution: English Listening Lesson Library Online, (elllo).
Source page: First job 245 


Curso ingles online. Listening en inglés Conversaciones.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario