7.6.12

A day in the life of an English teacher


Escuchar inglés. Daily routine of an English teacher.


So, “A typical day”. Well, I wake up at seven o’clock, depending on the day. First thing I do is eat. The most important thing to do is eat breakfast, so I make myself some coffee and some toast and I also feed my cats, which is also important for them. And, usually I start class around 8:30 in the morning. So, I go to my first class, which is in Madrid, in the centre of Madrid. And, ehm, I have about, depending on the day, maybe about 4 or 5 classes, depending, and basically I
hop on my motorcycle and go around Madrid teaching class to class.

If I have a break around one o’clock, I make lunch and sometimes I make my own lunch and sometimes I have to eat in a restaurant. My favourite is the chinese restaurant in Plaza de España, if you can get a table. Then, I continue having class and sometimes I don’t have time for lunch and I teach all the way ‘till about 4 o’clock. And at 4 o’clock I’m starving and I have something to eat quickly at home, or if I have to go again to a restaurant.

After that, I have my own class. I study painting in the afternoon, so from 4:30 to 8:30 I’m in class. We do oil painting, figure painting, still life and all kinds of things you can imagine we do in a painting class.

And after the painting class I go to the gym. I like to practice, … I like to play sports and right now I’m in boxing class and that goes from 9 o’clock to 10 o’clock at night. And after boxing, I’m just about exhausted and once again it’s time to eat and I go home and I make dinner, and after, I make sure my cats have eaten as well. I usually watch TV, maybe for a while, or I get stuff prepared for the next day. And then go to bed.

Vocabulario.
I hop on my motorcycle - subo a la moto

a break - un descanso

if you can get a table. - si se puede conseguir una mesa.

all the way ‘till about 4 o’clock. - hasta las cuatro.

I’m starving - me muero de hambre

stuff = thing / things - cosa, cosas
I get stuff prepared for the next day. -  Preparo cosas para el día siguiente.


Una traducción.
Pues, "Un día normal". Bueno, me levanto a las siete de la mañana, dependiendo del día. Lo primero que hago es comer. La cosa más importante que hacer es tomar el desayuno, así que me preparo un café y unas tostadas y también dar comida a mis gatos, que también es importante para ellos. Luego comienzo a dar clases sobre las 8:30 de la mañana. Entonces voy a mi primera clase, que se encuentra en Madrid, en el centro de Madrid. Y, tengo más o menos, dependiendo del día, unas 4 o 5 clases, y, subo a mi moto y va al centro de Madrid dando clase tras clase.

Si tengo un descanso a la una, hago la comida y, a veces preparo mi propia comida pero otras  veces tengo que comer en un restaurante. Mi favorito es el restaurante chino en Plaza de España, si se puede conseguir una mesa. A veces, sigo dando clases hasta a las 16 horas, y no me da tiempo para comer. Y a las 4 de la tarde me muero de hambre y como algo rápido en mi casa, o voy a un restaurante.

Después, acudo mi propia clase.  Aprendo pintura por la tarde, de 4:30 a 8:30. Hacemos pintura al óleo, la pintura de figuras, bodegones y todo tipo de cosas que puedes imaginar.

Y después de la clase de pintura voy al gimnasio. Me gusta practicar, ... Me gusta hacer deporte y ahora mismo estoy en la clase de boxeo que es de nueve a diez de la noche. Después del boxeo, estoy agotada y, una vez más es hora de comer y me voy a casa y preparo la cena, y doy comida a mis gatos. Normalmente, veo la televisión un rato, o preparo cosas para el día siguiente. Y luego voy a la cama.



Curso ingles online. Listening en ingles.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario